Cosmetic Dentistry is the field of dentistry dedicated to the art and science of enhancing a person’s smile and overall appearance, resulting in a better self-image and a sense of well-being.
If you are among the many people who limit your expressions of happiness because you worry about a less-than-perfect smile, you will be interested in learning more about cosmetic dentistry! Breakthroughs in technology have made a beautiful smile more affordable and attainable than ever before. Stars in Hollywood have long known that improving your smile can dramatically change your appearance, but today the benefits of cosmetic dentistry are being discovered by more and more people across the U.S. In addition to beautifying your smile, there are cosmetic dentistry procedures for the alignment and function of your teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry can brighten dull teeth, whiten stained teeth, close gaps between teeth, repair chipped teeth, mask metal fillings, and straighten crooked teeth. It opens doors and removes obstacles to professional and social success.
Stained or dull teeth can be dramatically improved by in-office whitening, laser whitening, home whitening, veneers or bonding. The reason why many people choose cosmetic dentistry instead of over-the-counter products such as whitening toothpaste and bleaching kits is that cosmetic dentistry offers much better, longer-lasting results.
- Misshapen, chipped, or worn teeth can be improved by veneers, bonding, or cosmetic contouring.
- Gaps between teeth can be closed up with veneers, bonding, or orthodontics.
- Old/unsightly fillings can be replaced with tooth-colored fillings (resins and porcelain) for a natural appearance.
- Crooked or crowded teeth are improved with veneers, bonding, or orthodontics.
- Missing tooth or teeth can be remedied with a fixed bridge or dental implant(s).
- Excessive/uneven gums are often helped with gum grafts.
- Combined Techniques are frequently used in smile design to create an ideal natural-looking smile. For example, bleaching may be followed with minor orthodontics and completed with porcelain veneers.
The first step to improving your smile is a visit to a dentist in North Dallas TX. The initial consultation is often free and gives you an opportunity to discuss all your options and to look at before and after photographs of patients who have undergone similar treatment.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures are elective, and therefore not usually covered by insurers. However, the new technologies in this field have made it much more affordable today. When you meet with a cosmetic dentist, they will inform you about the cost of your treatment option(s) and the payment methods available to you. A good patient financing program can also help you by spreading out the cost into low monthly payments.
Getting the smile of your dreams is easier than you think with Cosmetic Dentistry.